On March 5, 1893, thirty people met at the Old Holly Grove Schoolhouse. There they voted to band together as a new church. Those thirty people became the charter members of Little Hope Missionary Baptist Church of Christ. They continued to meet for a short time at the schoolhouse and then moved to the Farmers Alliance Hall in the Cream Level Community on property owned by L. M. Parsons. Mr. Parsons deeded 2.2 acres of land to the church and the first building was constructed. Another building was erected in 1916 replacing the original structure. In 1945 three Sunday School rooms were added to the rear of the building.
In 1954 a new auditorium was built. This new building included educational space and a new baptistry. Up until then, the church used farm ponds to baptize new Christians. Another wing was added in 1961 for additional Sunday School rooms and a nursery. The last major building to be completed is the current auditorium. With its construction, the previous auditorium was remodeled for Sunday School rooms, a kitchen, and fellowship hall.
A devastating fire on New Years Day 2010 destroyed the fellowship hall and Sunday School rooms and the auditorium suffered heavy smoke damage. Little Hope was actually the first of 10 churches in East Texas to be burned by arsonists. (For more information, watch the PBS documentary, "Little Hope Was Arson.") Since that time, the Sunday School wing and fellowship hall have been rebuilt. Currently, Little Hope is in the process of completing a new Family Life Center.